We have some more detailed information below about what cookies are, the kinds of cookies we use, how to disable cookies in your browser, and how to disable third-party cookies. If you can't find the information you're looking for, please don't hesitate to send us an email at [email protected].
What are Cookies, and what are they used for?
A cookie is a small text file that's stored on your device when accessing certain types of content through web pages, electronic media, or applications. Cookies allow an application or web page to remember information about you such as your preferred language or login information, so we can tailor our webpages to your preferences.
They're completely safe, and can't be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device.
Cookies are essential for most websites on the internet, allowing the use of interactive services, facilitating navigation and enhancing usability. They can not damage the equipment they're used on, and being activated helps to identify and resolve possible errors.
What kinds of cookies does Holded use?
We use two main types of cookies at Holded:
- Own Cookies: these are the cookies sent to your device that are managed exclusively by Holded. The information collected is used to improve the quality of our service, and your experience as a user.
- Third-Party Cookies: these are cookies issued with the authorization of the site you are currently on, but hosted by a server from another domain. For example, these cookies may be needed when clicking on social media buttons, or viewing videos hosted on another website or application. We cannot access the data stored in other website's cookies, and even if these third-party cookies are accepted through the Holded website, they are still considered external cookies.
Cookies also differ depending on the length of time they remain activated. Here are the types that we use:
- Session Cookies: these are temporary files that remain in your browser's cookie history while you are using a website or application, and they are not recorded on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device. These cookies are used to analyze traffic patterns and data communication, and allow us to provide a better experience, improve our content and facilitate the user experience.
- Persistent Cookies: these are stored on your computer, and the website or applications reads them each time there's a new visit. Despite its name, a persistent cookie has an expiration date, and will stop working after that date. They are generally used to help the different services offered by web pages and applications.
Cookies play many different roles in enhancing the user experience of a website. Here are the ones we use to give you the best Holded experience possible:
- Registration Cookies: when you create a Holded account, cookies are generated to identify you as a registered user. These cookies are used to identify the user account and its associated services to always show you the most relevant information. These cookies are active for the duration that you're logged in, or until you close the browser or turn off the device.
- Analytical Cookies: these cookies can be used in conjunction with analytical data to individually identify your preferences in Holded.
- Performance Cookies: these cookies preserve your preferences for certain tools or services, so you don't have to reconfigure them each time you visit Holded. In some cases, they can also be contributed by third parties. Some examples are: the volume of video or audio players, article sorting preferences, or compatible video playback speeds.
- Advertising Cookies: these allow the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform. These are based on the set criteria of the ad content, or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: these allow the most efficient management of the advertising spaces that, if applicable, the editor has included in a web page, application or platform. These cookies store information on the behaviour of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
- Geolocation Cookies: these cookies are used by programs to try and geographically locate the computer, smartphone, tablet or connected television, in order to fully offer anonymous content and services.
- Other Third-party Cookies: in some of our pages, third-party cookies can be installed to manage and improve the services they offer. For example: links to social networks that allow us to share our content.
How can I block or delete cookies?
You can allow, block or delete any cookies installed on your computer by configuring your internet browser preferences. If you choose to block all cookies, or any used by Holded, certain services may no longer be available.
Here are some links where for more information on how you can activate or change your cookie preferences in the most browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, you can consult Microsoft Support
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Settings.
or more information, see Mozilla Support
- Chrome: Configuración > Settings -> Show Advanced Options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
For more information, see Google Support
- Safari: Preferences -> Security. For more information, see Apple Support
The User may revoke their previously granted consent of cookie installation at any time by deleting the cookies installed on their equipment and reconfiguring their browser options, as detailed in the section "How can I block or delete cookies?". However, this may have an impact on website and application functionality.
We've designed Holded so that you can start maximising your business potential today. Setting up an account is simple and intuitive, and you can import all your information in a matter of minutes. Our Success Heroes will be there to guide you through the whole process.
Meet some success cases from our customers and get to know how Holded can help you running your business. Our users save up to a 40% of their time managing their business, start today and discover how.