How to sell this Christmas through WhatsApp Business
Have you ever heard of WhatsApp Business? Using WhatsApp to communicate with your friends, family and other loved ones that are positioned across the globe has become an essential part of having a smartphone.
The messaging giant-organisation has become by far one of the most popular apps to date, boasting a whole range of advantages including messing, calling, and video-calling without the consumer incurring any data charges and can be used over the Wi-Fi network.
But what is WhatsApp Business and why has it become an essential tool when selling over the Christmas period?
As you know, times and technology are forever changing. Think back to a matter of years ago, the main advertising channel was the incredibly annoying TV commercial, because this was a time when people spent hours a day glued to the magic box. So what happens in 2019, when people are spending hours of their day on WhatsApp?
Short answer; adapt to demand. So let’s explore what the future is going to look like for businesses and how you’re going to see a new player in the corporate world; WhatsApp Business.
What is WhatsApp Business?
It does exactly as it says on the tin. It’s a version of WhatsApp designed specifically so that small to medium-sized enterprises (SME’s) can immediately connect with their potential or active customers. It can be used to generate new leads and as a remarketing tool. Plus, it’s a completely free app that is available on Apple and Android operating systems.
If you didn’t know, there is some power behind the green-messaging app, since Facebook acquired WhatsApp back in 2014. However, one of their clearest set of guidelines was to eliminate the business spam, which at the time was absurd. Their solution came in the form of creating tool that allowed greater control, and offered something valuable for companies.
Why should your company start using WhatsApp Business? Let’s explore some of the many, many reasons;
- Reach a completely new audience.
- Increase open-rates.
- Open a direct conversion path, making it easier to increase your conversion rate.
- Direct your traffic from your Facebook Ads to your WhatsApp.
- Connect your WhatsApp to other business tools.
How to sell on WhatsApp and invoice accordingly
If you’re just itching to head to your app store to download WhatsApp Business, then you’re probably going to want to know what to do with it once it’s downloaded, after all you’re going to have to invest some time into it. Below you’ll find some tips for a successful journey with WhatsApp Business;
- Roger, Roger. You are not a robot. The main advantage of the company version of WhatsApp is for companies to be as human as possible and open up a real communication path, it should not be shrouded by a robotic approach. Potential customers want to be talked to warmly, and friendly. However, you should remain professional.
- This is not Catfish, don’t hide. Make sure your profile picture clearly shows who you are. You should see yourself clearly and, if possible a smiling picture is always better. Avoid using images of cars, babies, and puppies etc. as cute as a baby labrador can be, it creates a sense of disloyalty and mistrust with a customer. You want to be perceived as a genuine, real seller.
- No spam. I repeat no spam. I repeat no spam. Again, this is because the client will perceive you as a negative seller. Remember, this tool is specifically trained to detect any type of spammers, so avoid generic messages, deceptive promotions or unwanted text and excessive capitalisation: BUY THIS NOW! IT’S REALLY GREAT! – THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE! OK!?
- Use emoticons. Yes, you can do it! We are all human and we love a good emoticon to represent our feelings, so remember you’re not a robot, you may use emoticons!
So, what are you waiting for, go download the app now and start selling and increase your sales this Christmas with WhatsApp Business. To manage invoices, you can use Holded’s billing software for your company and integrate your WhatsApp tool so that they are linked and synced.